Anyone who knows me ‘well,well* knows that i can never say no to Chicken Biriyani. This flavor packed main course hits all the right notes with flavor,spice and everything nice.
Here’s a step by step guide to making this delicious plate of food taste so heavenly!
- 1 whole chicken(cut into 8 pieces)
- 5 whole tomatoes (chopped)
- 6 onions sliced (deep fried until golden and crisp)
- 1 chilli chopped
- 3 tsptomato paste
- 1-2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 table spoon Sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 Tsp black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 11/2 cup Water
- 3 tbsp coriander(roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup Mala /Natural Yoghurt
- Get your sufuria/pan,add ghee/cooking oil followed by tomato paste .Fry for 1 minute on medium heat*This is done first so as to remove the tinny taste.
- Add Cumin,Cinnamon,Cardamon,black pepper and a few cloves *like 4
- Cook the spices for 2 min. Add chopped Tomatoes and cover pan and let it simmer.
- After 10 mins,add the chicken pieces garlic,ginger,fresh chili and salt.
- Cover and cook until Chicken is soft and tender (10-15 mins)
- Add 1/2 cup Mala/Natural yogurt/Coconut Cream.Cover and allow to cook under low heat.
- Deep fry the onions if you haven’t.
- Make a paste of Egg Yellow food color.
- Add the deep fried onions and the paste to the already steamed rice.
- Serve while Hot.